July 23, 2009

Motor Tabs @ the Vineman Triathlon


Motor Tabs was put to the test again in the 70.3 mile distance Vineman Triathlon by athlete Chris Berg! Congratulations on your finish!


“The water was 75 degrees, so wetsuits were in play. The event went well, and I was out of the water in about 26 minutes, and onto the bike course. Air temperature was warm once I started the leg, but only to get hotter as the day progressed. I put up my fastest bike split in 2:23:45, using an awesome combination of fruit punch and lemon lime flavored Motor Tabs in my bottles. With the hot weather out, it’s always nice to be able to have a sports drink something that still tastes great warm. I got off the bike in 2nd place for my age group. I ran well, but the heat took the spring out of my legs and I had trouble accelerating to speed up. I ran at 95 minutes flat to take 4th place in my age group and 18th overall. My course total time was 4:28:04, a personal record for myself on a 70.3 mile course.”

No comments:

Post a Comment