January 4, 2010

MOTOR TABS Help Combat the Flu!!

By Mike Rogan
On a recent ski trip between Christmas and New Years holidays I came down with a nasty stomach flu. Nasty fully describes the symptoms so I need not go into detail. Naturally, as with all flu’s, it left me weak and tired. I could not eat and barely stayed hydrated. After two days, still in the mountains and missing two quality days of ripping on the hill, I was resigned to the fact that my skiing was for another day. On day three I got a call from an old ski buddy from days gone by. He happened to be in Mammoth and asked if I was in town and if we could connect for some runs. I called back to let him know of my condition and that I would call him around noon if I felt better. After the call I was looking in my bag for another item and I found two Fruit Punch (my personal favorite) Motor Tabs from another trip earlier this season. I have used them regularly in the past skiing and riding (bikes). I took one just to get the electrolytes back in my system and to hydrate. After about 45 minutes I called my buddy and we connected for about 3 hours of skiing later that afternoon. I still felt a bit weak and tired, but I was able to go out and rip around instead of being on the couch. The Tabs definitely helped me feel better, settle my stomach and enabled me to go out and ski.

No comments:

Post a Comment